Progress.

IMG_2802 IMG_2803 IMG_2805

Spent the last few weeks staying busy, cleaning up the engine bay and a variety of parts. These are only shots of a handful of things since I periodically decide not to take pictures.

Also put in way to much work cleaning the R154.

IMG_2804

 

Then I found out that the bushings in the shifter housing were shot… So I 3D printed some new ones from ‘Ultem’ (higher strength plastic than most 3D printers)

IMG_2823 IMG_2824 IMG_2826 IMG_2828 IMG_2830

I spent a bunch of time breaking down the original motor as well, removing any parts that I wanted to reuse on it’s replacement. Last thing I removed was the oil pan, and I found something interesting inside.

IMG_2836 IMG_2839

The oil pickup on the original motor had been blocked at some point between Fall of 2010 and now, which is strange because the oil pan was brand new in 2010… Oh, and the paper that was blocking the pickup had japanese writing on it… Dafuq.

IMG_2838

And I got a new motor.

IMG_2842

 

Excite.

-Dustin.

 

 

 

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 240sx Build. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s